Entertain, Inspire, Inform, Transform!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS 2019!
(PLEASE SCROLL DOWN for MY FULL BIO and CONTACT INFO.) (248) 330-5018.
UPDATE: 2019 JULY. “Aging With Grace.”I am completing my novel, “Aging With Grace”, inspired by my experiences as a senior caregiver in private homes.
The first chapter can be read at thewritelaunch.com, archive March 2019, Novel Excerpt, “How An Actress Became a Caregiver in Detroit.”
UPDATE: 2019 JUNE. Detroit Reader’s Theatre.
Detroit Reader’s Theatre is in development and actively seeking funding:
Detroit Reader’s Theatre is for professional and non-professional actors/actresses who may not have opportunities to perform in traditional theatre due to physical and/or mental conditions that preclude them from memorizing lines and/or freely moving about on stage including senior citizens and those with limited capacities.
Reader’s Theatre is a form of theatre. Performers typically read scripts from a black music stand, while standing and/or sitting on stools, chairs, or wheelchairs (as needed.) Each role is a fully acted production before an audience while performers are stationary at their music stands.
My creative vision is to entertain, inspire, inform, and transform our lives through the Arts.
- Michigan State University, B.A.
- Actors’ Equity Association, the professional stage actors union.
- Disney Institute for Professional Development and Leadership Training.
- Oakland University – Advanced Playwriting.
- Substitute teacher grades K-12 in five school districts.
- Administrative Director and Presenter of Educational Outreach Programs, Detroit Historical Society. (Detroit Storyliving.)
- Professionally produced playwright (nine original adaptations of classic fairy tales and children’s literature.)
- Producer/Playwright/Director of youth summer theater camps for 15 years in several school districts.
Over a 30+ year span, I have performed with Michigan Opera Theatre, Michigan Shakespeare Festival, Meadow Brook Theatre, The Henry Ford (Museum and Greenfield Village), Detroit Institute of Arts, Detroit Historical Museum, Agnes Scott College (Decatur, Georgia), Performance Network, JET Theatre, Planet Ant, and more.
Best Performance Nominee: Detroit Free Press.
Best Dramatic Performance Nominee: The Oakland Press.
My original one-woman shows based on historical characters include:
The Six Wives of Henry VIII.
My Life as First Lady (Adams, Cleveland, Coolidge, Roosevelt, Kennedy.)
Motorcars, Mansions, and Melodies (Detroit 1919-1939.)
Marvelous Michigan Women (Kellogg, Ferber, Ford.)
My books currently seeking publication include:
- The Elephant In Our House (a 24-page picture book on denial for grownups.)
- Return to Enchantment – the Wisdom of Fairy Tales (inspirational.)
- Aging With Grace – (novel) A versatile middle-aged actress, Grace stumbles into becoming a paid caregiver for seniors in their private homes as a means of supporting herself and parenting her son, leading to humorous and touching adventures in caring for a Marine, an eccentric socialite, a Hindu Indian, a Vietnam naval veteran who is a direct descendant of European royalty, a talent agent, and other diverse clients.
For programs, publishing, bookings, collaboration, networking and more, please contact:
(248) 330-5018 mobile
LinkedIn and Facebook – Susan Berg
Mailing address: Box 758 Lake Orion, MI 48361