Entertain, Inspire, Inform, Transform!
UPDATE: 2019 March. An excerpt of my novel, “Aging With Grace,” was just published at http://www.thewritelaunch.com. I am currently seeking a literary agent to secure a publishing house for the entire book. Genre: Commercial fiction.
I am an author, playwright, producer, director, and performing artist.
My creative vision is to entertain, inspire, inform, and transform our lives through the Arts.
- Michigan State University, B.A.
- Actors’ Equity Association, the professional stage actors union.
- Disney Institute for Professional Development and Leadership Training.
- Oakland University – Advanced Playwriting.
- Substitute teacher grades K-12 in five school districts.
- Administrative Director and Presenter of Educational Outreach Programs, Detroit Historical Society. (Detroit Storyliving.)
- Professionally produced playwright (nine original adaptations of classic fairy tales and children’s literature.)
- Producer/Playwright/Director of youth summer theater camps for 15 years in several school districts.
Over a 30+ year span, I have performed with Michigan Opera Theatre, Michigan Shakespeare Festival, Meadow Brook Theatre, The Henry Ford (Museum and Greenfield Village), Detroit Institute of Arts, Detroit Historical Museum, Agnes Scott College (Decatur, Georgia), Performance Network, JET Theatre, Planet Ant, and more.
Best Performance Nominee: Detroit Free Press.
Best Dramatic Performance Nominee: The Oakland Press.
My original one-woman shows based on historical characters include:
The Six Wives of Henry VIII.
My Life as First Lady (Adams, Cleveland, Coolidge, Roosevelt, Kennedy.)
Motorcars, Mansions, and Melodies (Detroit 1919-1939.)
Marvelous Michigan Women (Kellogg, Ferber, Ford.)
My books currently seeking publication include:
- The Elephant In Our House (a 24-page picture book on denial for grownups.)
- Return to Enchantment – the Wisdom of Fairy Tales (inspirational.)
- Confessions of a Caregiver – non-fiction personal narrative (my adventures as a private duty caregiver for senior citizens.)
- Aging With Grace – (novel) A versatile middle-aged actress, Grace stumbles into becoming a paid caregiver for seniors in their private homes as a means of supporting herself and parenting her son, leading to humorous and touching adventures in caring for a Marine, an eccentric socialite, a Hindu Indian, a Vietnam naval veteran who is a direct descendant of European royalty, a talent agent, and other diverse clients.
For programs, publishing, bookings, collaboration, networking and more, please contact:
Voice message service at (248) 247-5983
(sorry, no texting)
LinkedIn and Facebook – Susan Berg
Mailing address: Box 758 Lake Orion, MI 48361